We are committed to providing the highest level of legal advice to our clients. This means:
- Advice that is sophisticated, but practical
- Legal services that are tailored to our clients’ goals
AREAS OF PRACTICE
The members of the firm’s Tax Department together have 100 years experience and expertise in federal and state tax law. In addition to a law degree, each of them is either a CPA or has a Master’s Degree in Taxation. The members of our Tax Department keep abreast of the most recent tax laws and cases in order to better serve our clients. We pride ourselves on our ability to explain sophisticated tax matters to our clients in a clear and cogent matter which they can comprehend.
We have particular experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Taxation: federal, state, individual and corporate.
- Estate planning and taxation, estate administration, probate litigation and elder law.
- Establishing trusts including Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, GRATS, Life Insurance Trusts, Marital Trusts, Generation Skipping Trusts and Special Needs Trusts.
- Asset Protection. Using limited liability companies, asset protection trusts and other creative planning techniques to preserve assets from the potential claims of creditors, State and Federal taxing authorities, and other governmental authorities.
- Formation of business organizations, including S corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, professional corporations and joint ventures.
- General business advice to employers, including commercial contract negotiations, employment law compliance and trade secret protection.
- Commercial and general equity litigation.
- Negotiating and closing a complete range of commercial transactions, including business acquisitions and sales, commercial real estate leases and sales, and sophisticated lending arrangements.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
Our clients rightly expect to be kept informed of the status of their matters in timely and understandable language. We are committed to meeting this expectation. It is fundamental to the attorney-client relationship and everything we do for our clients.