Robert A. Sochor is one of the founding partners of the firm and has over 40 years of experience counseling businesses, professional entities individuals and non-profit organizations in all aspects of operational, transactional and tax matters.
He is not only an attorney but also holds certified public accountant certifications in the States of New Jersey and Florida, which he uses as an adjunct to his practice of law.
Mr. Sochor has developed expertise in Estate Planning, Elder Law and advising parents of disabled children in protecting for the child’s financial security. He also serves as a fiduciary for major Estates and Trusts.
Mr. Sochor is highly involved in the disabled community, currently serving as co-chair of the Coordinated Care of MetroWest, Inc. and providing pro bono services to the Jewish Services for the Developmentally Disabled, Inc. In the past he has served as a member of:
- Township of Livingston Committee for Accessible Housing
- State of New Jersey Hearing Aid Dispensers Examining Board
- State of New Jersey Department of Education Ad Hoc Committee for Hearing Impaired in Northern New Jersey
- State of New Jersey Project SEARCH (Seeking Education Resources for Children with Handicaps
- Trustee, New Jersey League for Hearing Handicapped
- Advisory Board to Mt. Carmel Guild Project Grant-Pre School Deaf
Mr. Sochor also lectures extensively to organizations of parents of the developmentally disabled and the handicapped.